Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mute

Thursday, July 10, 2008
Over the last week I got an awful sore throat and my eyes hurt. My eyes always hurt whenever I get sick. I don't know if that is common. It came on Saturday night while watching a movie with a friend. By morning I could barely function and slept most of the day. It was very sad for me because I was excited for another chance to go to church, when missing 2 or the 4 weeks in June. Alas, my body told me to sleep all day. Then came Monday and 12 hours of work. In two words: no fun. On Tuesday I was feeling better, but still had the sore throat, but kept talking to friends during my final 12 hour shift.

The morning I woke, in my own bed - after 6 weeks staying at Christi's house - speechless. I was a mute. I soon realized that I had very few ways of communicating either through text, email, IMing, handwriting or intense whispering. What a weird feeling to feel so restricted and paralyzed in my own body. Although healthy-ish. I couldn't speak and communicate effectively. While this amused the friends I was around during one final hoorah or during a meeting at work. It was very odd to sit and physically not be able to say anything.
 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates