Saturday, August 2, 2008

August Adventures

Saturday, August 2, 2008
So it is August 2nd and I am anticipating a very busy month. There are a lot of things changing in my life, defiinitely not what I thought would be happening when the summer began. After talking to my brother on the phone and realizing that I haven't had much time to talk to a lot of people lately, I figure I would give all those that read this the update. So this month I am:

1. getting my condo ready for a new renter, with hopes of finding a new tenant before the middle of August. In the meantime I am cleaning carpets, installing a ceiling fan, replacing the lining in the kitchen, updating the closet. I wish i had time to paint and change the kitchen floors (I realized how cheap that would be) but I don't think I think I will have the time.

2. moving out of my current place. While it is not 100 percent, but it is very likely that I will be moving to California for some additional work. Anticipating that I am going to give up my current place of residency. So I am also going to be packing up my current place and most likely moving it to my office-mates house to store for a few months. So in the midst of everything else that I am doing this month, I have to pack up and move. Never fun. This I know.

3. due to the "while it is not 100 percent but very likely" chance, in combination with the school year starting up, I had to make a decision to quit or commit. But to be fair to BYU, I don't have time to wait for the 100 percent, so yesterday I informed my boss that I am going to take a blind leap of faith, in other words...my three weeks notice. I am going to miss BYU, but I will really regret if I miss this opportunity. So while I may be jobless and homeless at the end of August, I feel this decision is right. Now just pray that things will work out and that the project will get the appropriate green light so that I am not unemployed and homeless.

4. working full-time at BYU. I have been gone all summer and now with the recent decisions of change, I have a lot to do for BYU as i gear up to leave. So I am going to be working full-time at BYU trying to get it all done...while...

5. working on a feature length film entitled scout camp. I am committed to the project and agreed to do extras casting. With how busy my summer ended up being, I told the director and line producer that the extras casting would be the best for my schedule. I thought it was three days of wrangling work. But after meeting with the producer, I took it all on but three days turned into 7 or 8 days. While searching for 140 scouts to play extras. I met with Drew on Tuesday Wednesday evening, and honestly spent about 5 hours on Thursday and Friday, each, sending out notices and filtering responses. Fortunately I have two days booked, maybe more. It's going to be big task, but I am up for the challenge. Just a matter of finding the names, sending out the releases, collecting and organizing the releases, informing everyone of call-times and end-times and locations and making sure everyone is happy. I hope to attend the shoot after I get out of BYU in the evenings, if I can. All of the Saturdays, that I can. I depending on some things, the days after the 22nd (my last day at BYU, I think.). Crazy.

6. trying to get some personal stuff done. I want to start training to run a 1/2 marathon, I want to spend some time with my family before I leave, I want to get some sort of rest (Sundays...) so it's going to be one crazy, busy, incredible month.

Pray for me that I get the gig and the gig gets me because all this is pending one decision from some higher-ups. And pray that I can find a renter for my condo.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates