I have heard much talk about this remake of the 1990's Beverly Hills 90210 spin-off Melrose Place. Instead of adjusting the title, like was down for the 90210 spin-off, it has remained the same.When the show came out in the '90s, I watched maybe part of the first season so have little to compare it to. I didn't really know who Sydney was and have a vague memory of the MD resident who I assume is the one who once lived in the Melrose complex with his wife and has a son on the show now. So I kind of went into this show with fresh eyes, like most of the target audience who were barely in grade school during the original show's run.
My thoughts. I see this show sticking around for a few seasons. The pilot episode was solid. The characters are diverse and the pilot did well to introduce each of them, what they have to do to survive in West Hollywood, possible love triangles, and what baggage they have coming into the show. There is a lot of directions they can take and I feel the producers know where the story is going, at least for the first season.
It easily caters to the same CW audience who is also watching 90210, Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Simple put, I see this show sticking around for a while.
As for The Beautiful Life: TBL, I feel the same way. So I am keeping it brief and I am putting these two shows in the same post. It's your typical CW evening soap opera. It comes with beautiful people who have over the top problems and an established story arc. It did a great job introducing the characters in one episode and the characters have room to grow in the show. The writers and producers have opened up to a lot story telling and back story with each of the characters that there will be plenty of episodes to write. I don't think it will stick around as long as Melrose Place, but do feel it will make it two solid seasons and probably more.** 9/25/2009 - First reported casuality - after two episodes "The Beautiful Life" has been pulled from the line-ups. Not even a chance. So I was wrong there. Not only did it not get the remaining season pickup but the CW is airing reruns in its place.**
1 comments:
You do a good job and critique-ing... For a minute I forgot I was reading your blog. Nice job!!!
Post a Comment