After 4 months of reruns and Summer programming, the fall season is up and running. And tonight was the capstone - must see Thursday nights. It's funny, so someone who could go the majority of the summer not really watching TV, I sure got caught up tonight. Four of my favorite TV shows were on tonight and really if I could only watch TV on one night, Thursdays would be that night.
So my thoughts on the shows tonight.
7:00 pm - Ugly Betty
Last year we left with a lot of cliffhangers with the characters. If you haven't seen it,Im not going into details to catch you up. That's what the DVDs are for. Bradford and Wilmhelmia were engaged. Amanda discovered that Faye Summers was her biological mother, Santos got shot on the way to Justin's show, Henry went to Phoenix with his pregnant girlfriend, just after him and Betty hooked up. And the father was in Mexico. Tonight it opened with a classic Latino Soap Opera. I thought it was a comical twist on the root of what Ugly Betty is based on. When Betty came out of this nightmarish fantasy of Henry dramatically going with his girlfriend and leaving Betty behind, we see that Betty is still as driven as ever. The best twist was seeing Amanda eating as normal, but immediately we see that she gained a lot of weight. Quite the twist, she's larger than Betty. The two biggest shockers was first seeing the love been Santos and Helda. Then at the very end it is revealed that Santas died when he was shot. It was very sad, when I was so excited to see that Santos had appeared to beat the gun-womb. Finally, the comical twist was when Daniel was talking to Alexis, Alexis was disoriented and wondered why he called him that. He was Alex. Woah, does Alex know he's a woman? Kind of funny.
8:00 pm - Gray's Anatomy -
The cliffhangers were Dr. Burke standing up Christina at the alter, Cali becoming Chief, George not passing his intern test, Issy professing her love to George, and McDreamy having a new girl in the bar...another Gray...Meredith's sister. Things I liked. The four interns who are now residents (Issy, Alex, Christina, and Meredith) are now first year residents have are putting their own interns through the ringer. You see what they learned from Bailey because now they are all being Nazi's. Who will pull it off. I don't think any of them can. And twist, George is Meredith's intern. How weird is that? So Dr. Burke resigned but didn't tell Christina. Just left. Good. Meredith's sister seems nice and cute and looks like she might have a thing for George. And it was nice to immediately bring up her point of view, so we feel sorry for her when Meredith is mean (as normal, but understandable). Christina looked cute in braids. Kind of relaxed. Guess two weeks in Hawaii will do that. Issy is going to try hard to prove herself and the authority figure she is. She will. She's strong. Lexie Gray (her name?) was sweet and it was nice of her to cover the fact that George is repeat. The show hit a good, mellow cord for a season opening. Biggest frustration. Don't let Meredith and Derek break up and they did. Or did they. Derek just don't push so hard. You understand her. You both give up too easy, but both want and need each other. Funniest bit...McStreamy saying he came to win back McDreamy. Awkwardly and well played.
8:00 pm - The Office
Why must these be on at the same time. Luckily I can record them. I loved the Office. It was the best season premiere of the four tonight. So are Jim and Pam dating. That was the question everyone wanted to see. And they didn't admit it (at first). Best quote for the unknowing came from Kevin: Are you kidding me? Pam and Jim are totally hooking up. All they do is smile. They are just keeping it a secret. Right? And half of the episode you didn't see them admit it. Almost made me believe they were back to the old ways. Until...the camera men did some sleuthing and discovered the ride home and welcome kiss. Then Pam admitted. Yea, about time. When will the Office find out. I want to see Kevin speculate a little bit more. Then Pam walking in on Michael changing. That was funny. Pam quote: They say if you are nervous picture them naked. I would not recommend that. I would picture them with clothes on. Lots of clothes on. Yeah, but awkward, but always a comical moment. Next thoughts. The 5K moments. The whole thing was classic. First Jan staking claims on her Man...Michael. Andy running behind a fully dressed Kevin to block the wind, although Kevin was barely moving. Creed, Stanley and Oscar? jumping in a cab to get some drinks and avoid the race. Pam and Jim being Pam and Jim and not fully participating in the normal way. Michael carbing up on Fettuccine Alfredo. No wonder he got sick. But if he didn't that, then it wouldn't have it's Michael moment. I just thought the whole episode was classically play and executed. Good opening after four months of being Office-less. The only thing now is with Ryan. He seems like such a tool. Just sitting there in the Exec Office not doing anything. But it's going to fun to see Michael working with Ryan this year.
9:00 pm - E.R.
I have no idea who else watched this. But I still love it. I think I only missed watching it my freshman year of college when I didn't have a TV. This episode was well play but didn't have any shocking moments. It was sweet to see the rallying around Nela. And I wonder what happened to Shane West. I loved him. (Plus it's late so I am going to end with those thoughts because I am drifting into a stage of sleep which may lead to nonsensical writing.)
Kitchen
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment