Not to be a total reality show junkie, I have to admit, I'm hooked on Dancing with the Stars. I guess there has been five seasons and I have watched 3 of them. After season 1 I thought the show was a little dumb and the only reason it was watched is that there was nothing on the summer it debut. I missed all of season 2. Occasionally in season 3 I watched Mario Lopez against Emmett Smith (or was that season 2?). And then last winter, I admit I got pulled in again to season 4.
Being a huge fan of the SLC Olympics of 2002, pretty much anything or anyone related to those events, I watched. So Apolo sucked me in, as did his Salt Lake native partner Julianne Hough. But then the entertaining style of Kim and Joey whoever from N'Sync (or one of those boy bands) drew me in further. I was sixes on who would win.
And that brings me to this season. I was sucked in again. I didn't plan on being so. I really wasn't a fan or follower of any of the participates. I like Julianne Hough and thought it fun her brother was on this show and with Jenny Garth (who I like), but a Cheetah Girl, a Spice Girl, a race car driver, a soap star, a male model and female model, Wayne Newton, Mark Cuban, Medicine Woman, and Marie "A Little Bit Country" Osmond - I wasn't drawn in by the participates...until they started dancing. And boy, minus the models, Mark Cuban and Wayne Newton...this year was going to be good. And then the Cheetah Girl got me. She became my favorite. She was amazing. She had the attitude, the moves, she had the structure, she came off as a skilled and polished dancer from day one. I thought for sure she would go to the end. She was so far ahead of the rest, but she's not. She's going home. In a sad twist of fate, those 13 year old fans and DWTS Sabrina fans, didn't pull through and vote. She left the show tonight. I guess I should have broken my vow of never calling and voting on these reality shows. Nah, still not. But it was a sad night to see her go.
Now I hope that Helio & Juliann and Jenny & Derrik make it through the end. I want to see brother and sister face off.
Kitchen
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment