Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Overbooked...within the next five days

Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Just a rant to myself. Sometimes I am an unwise steward of my time and overbook myself. And generally the overbooking is because I enjoy doing it all and want to do it all and fit it in, while following through on the commitments I have already made. And at this week in my life, I've overbooked way too much and I think the stress of it is hitting me as I try to figure it out. Luckily, I just wrapped on the film so one less thing to schedule in. It was fantastic to be part of and I really wish I could have done more but feasibly, I couldn't fit anymore time on it in. And while doing that on weekends and early mornings and late evenings, I was also at BYU getting things done...literally. My replacement starts tomorrow, which makes the next 3 days really full as I train. And during the past three weeks, I have been trying to get ready for my departure, getting them ready for the new year, and scheduling the film between my shifts.

Now I am at this point, 4 days before the weekend of departure thinking about what I need to do with BYU before I leave, but also thinking of everything else and honestly don't know how I am going to get my To-Do list complete.

In the next 5 days, I have to figure if or how I am taking my stuff to LA. I thought of two options on getting it down there but I don't think either one will work. So without those options, I have to get my car down there and my stuff, I don't know how it's going to happen...since I am only one driver.

And then within the next 5 days I have to finish packing up everything in my place and clean my place. I am selling off a lot of my furniture, but still have to pack up things at the same time. I have been able to pack about 2 hours a day, after I stopped showing my condo, stopped doing job double duty, and stopped doing condo errands. So the packing, itself, has been a slow process...just because I am one person. And on that note, within the next five days, I want to figure out where I am moving my stuff to. Can I split a ride with someone moving to LA or will I have to store it here until November and then bring it on my own dime then? I was hoping for the split right now, but both options seem out.

And also within the next five days I have to paint my place. I have a new tenant moving in on Tuesday and wanted to paint my place before he does. At the same time, I don't have a lot of free time. I have a small window of time on Saturday morning to paint for 3 hours, and Christi has been great in getting some girls to come in paint (the guys I asked...haven't responded). I hope that gets done and looks good.

And within the next five days I need to get some personal stuff done. I need to visit Kim, Russell and David before I leave. I want to spend some good quality time with the Batty Bunch - who I am going to miss so much when I leave. Woah, emotions just hit me. I want to get my hair trimmed/cut/etc before I leave. I want to get some of my furniture sold. I want to clean my car.

All I can say is that I can't wait until the moment I get in my car and am officially driving to LA because by then everything will have had to be figured out somehow, whether I want to or not. Starting September 4th, I'll really only have one (maybe two) things to think about for at least one month.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates