Monday, February 9, 2009

In the Vein of Vanity

Monday, February 9, 2009
I actually have enjoyed reading these 25 quirks of folks posted on facebook. And while I hit down-time at work, I transcribed my own. Honestly just 25 things to tell you about me, but in the essence of what blogging is, it works.

Here is what I came up with:

1. I have never been to New York City. And I want to go by the end of this year.

2. I love to put Parmesan cheese on more than Italian foods such as some soups and steamed veggies.

3. I never wanted to go to Hawaii or another island until I worked in Malibu. It was then seeing the ocean daily realize how much I love the ocean breeze, the beaches, and all that water. It's one of the great things for my soul. A drive up and/or down the PCH is awesome! And standing in the sand is even better.

4. I have watched every season (15) of ER except for the stint in college when I didn't have a TV.

5. I wish I could transcribe my thoughts and tell stories through words better.

6. I actually like reality TV. And I prefer episodic television to movies.

7. I first wanted to work in television, features, and documentaries as an editor during my junior year of high school, although we didn't even have a media production track. After 5 or 6 years with an post production focus, I switched my focus to more logistical production stuff. Now I am working on being a AD (assistant director) or in Production Management.

8. I grew up on a farm in Idaho in a town (Kuna on the outskirts of Boise) of 8 thousand. Now I live in a city (Los Angeles) with over 8 million. I love how fast paced it is, how warm it is and how close the ocean is. I don't love the traffic.

9. It annoys me when people undermine my degree of competency. On the other hand, I delight when individuals recognize my strengths and want to utilize them. I owe a great amount to Cara for that.

10. When I am stressed out, I prefer to eat Papa John breadsticks. Just plain and piping hot with that nacho cheese dip they have.

11. I love the soundtrack to the movie I Am Sam.

12. I want to run a half-marathon by the end of 2009. And since three already have and three have said they would, it would be cool if all of us 8 Fisher kids ran one together. New Hampshire in October anyone?

13. I don't really like to drink sodas (caffeine or not, diet or regular). I only drink it on rare occasions. I just prefer cold water. Also I call soda "soda" and not "pop" although I grew up in "pop" country.

14. I love to watch football, especially college and especially BYU, Boise State , and even The U. And I want to go to an NFL game someday.

15. At times I can be a little shy. I am generally quiet and a people watcher when in large groups.

16. I don't like egg yolks, mushrooms, raw onions, black pepper, olives, and all the meats on an Italian pizza or Italian sub.

17. I love Dreyers Slow Churned Ice Cream. All flavors except with cherries.

18. I enjoy This American Life and similar audio documentaries.

19. I have never been in a car accident and I have only gotten one traffic ticket in my driving lifetime. I started driving when I was 15 years old.

20. I wish I was more comfortable in my own skin.

21. I was told once that the people I travel this life with, I will be a great benefit to them. I often wonder what influence I have been to those people. I don't feel I do as much as I could.

22. I am really bad at keeping in touch with people.

23. If my count is correct, I have had 61 roomates and lived in 22 different places since I graduated from high school. The longest I lived someplace was 20 months and the shortest was for a month.

24. I became a homeowner at 25 years old and I haven't lived in it since I moved out a year later.

25. I love everything about the Olympics.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates