Saturday, August 14, 2010

Running Report: 8/14/2010

Saturday, August 14, 2010
Couch to 10K Training*:
Week 3 Day 3

Total Time:  
57 minutes 

Total Distance: 
 3.29 miles
Location: 
Shadow Ridge to Wheeler Farm to Shadow Ridge

Temperature: 
71 degrees (sun went all the way during the run...went a little late)





Basic Report:
My excuses because I didn't do very well.  
  1. I went camping last night and didn't sleep very well.
  2. Then woke up with very bad stomach ache - if you know me, you have heard of my complaints of that ailment before.
  3. Didn't eat much today, due to #2...although the stomach ache faded by 4 pm.
  4. I was somewhat unmotivated to go, but I guess motivated enough to go.
Finally got myself to go running at 8:30 tonight.  I mean, can't start Week 4, doing Week 3 Day 3.  So figured might as well do as much as I could.  It wasn't very good.  I did better on Tuesday and Thursday in the heat.  But alas, I did it.  You'll see below, but it was ten 1:30 runs.  I completed about 7 of the runs.  And ran 30 seconds to 1 minute on the last 3.  Guess it could have been worse.  In looking at my elevation course, the part I had the largest struggle (or maybe after the couple of lacking runs, I just told myself to do it) was between mile 1 and 2, the easiest part of the whole thing (not that the run was that hard anyway).


Schedule:  
Warmup/Cool Down = 5 minutes
Run: 1:30 min/Walk: 3:30 min x 10 times (although I did about 7 complete and 3 partial run)

----------
* Couch to 10K training is a iPhone/iPod Touch application that is designed to get runners from the Couch to Running 10K.  I highly recommend it to any novice runner.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates