Week 4 Day 1 (attempt #1)
Total Time:
2 1/2 hours (see note below)
2 1/2 hours (see note below)
Total Distance:
4.06 miles
4.06 miles
Location:
Shadow Ridge to Whitmore Library to Home
Temperature:
92 degrees
92 degrees
Basic Report:
I started the run, fairly strong but I was not smart. I decided to do my run in the middle of the afternoon while returning a book that was due at the library today. I did about 2 of the runs (about 1 mile in), but then got very hot and sat under the shade of a tree for 10 minutes. I then walked the remaining mile to the library. When I got to the library I needed to desperately cool off (note it was 92 degrees) and found a book to read for about an hour and a half. I walked home. Not a good running routine, but 4 miles of walking isn't bad, or rather two 2-mile walks. It still calories burned.
I started the run, fairly strong but I was not smart. I decided to do my run in the middle of the afternoon while returning a book that was due at the library today. I did about 2 of the runs (about 1 mile in), but then got very hot and sat under the shade of a tree for 10 minutes. I then walked the remaining mile to the library. When I got to the library I needed to desperately cool off (note it was 92 degrees) and found a book to read for about an hour and a half. I walked home. Not a good running routine, but 4 miles of walking isn't bad, or rather two 2-mile walks. It still calories burned.
So, the image below is pretty much my walk. I am going to go out now and attempt the schedule for today which (I think) is 10x2 minute runs with a 3 minute walk in between. I am just going to run over to a nearby high school track and do it.
So stay tuned...
----------
* Couch to 10K training is a iPhone/iPod Touch application that is designed to get runners from the Couch to Running 10K. I highly recommend it to any novice runner.

0 comments:
Post a Comment