Monday, July 16, 2007

3 Part News

Monday, July 16, 2007
3 Part News
Current mood: content

So good things come in threes.

Number 1 – New Job
For all who I haven't told yet, I am started a new job at BYU. For me it works great right now with my schedule. It is 3/4 time (30 hours/week) with gives me plenty of time to continue to work on this documentary I have been working on, some mini docs I am involved in and to do any other freelance work that hopefully comes my way. I am working as an "Assistant Projects Administrator" for the BYU film department. Kind of like going home. I am now working for my former professors. I am actually looking forward to it. Today was my first day and it was a little overwhelming seeing all the policies, procedures, students, and equipment as well as projects that I will be overseeing but its going to be a good challenge and there are some projects that I am excited to be part of. Also, it's greats to be back at BYU, especially without the stress of papers and tests (although I might have larger stresses with deadlines). Another fun fact, is I met one of the new faculty members today and hear of another coming soon - - Ben Ungrunen and Brad Barber. For those who don't know them, we were all in the film program together, so it's kind of interesting seeing three members of that class returning the same time.

Number 2 – New Place
I figured since there is less than 60 days until my birthday, I would give you the heads of where to send your gifts, cards, and cash. Just kidding (unless you really want to). But I have opted to move out of the place that is not so much home sweet home and move a little closer to work. So starting in 2 weeks, unless some large catastrophe occurs, I will be living at 140 Cache Point Lane 20202, Draper UT 84020. I am not sure yet if that will be a temporary place or a semi-permanent place so don't be surprised if in October you get another email letting you know that I have moved again. My phone is still the same 818 number, so feel free to call me there and if you are in town, come by and visit, as long as I am home. Another fun fact of the move, I am going to be a lot closer to Sherrie and Garrett (my sis and her husband) and that means much more play time with the kids – although they see it as convenient babysitting. My new roommate is a school teacher, named Jenn (good experiences with girls named Jenn), is training for a half marathon (so she and Christi had something to talk about) and she owns a mac, so she can't be so bad. When asked if the singles ward was good, I just heard that it has cute boys...all you need in a good ward, right? :)

Number 3 – New (or old) News
You thought there was a third, but I couldn't decide what to write. But if I would have written all good things come in twos, that wouldn't have sounded correct. I could tell you that I finally changed my plates, so now I am driving a car with Utah plates. Depending on which state you live in as you read this, giving the up the California plates might be good or sad. But to make it better, I am driving a car with BYU plates, so my little beep-beep is True Blue. Or I could tell you the rest of the news I have, which is exciting to my family – in 15 days Sherrie and Garrett get to officially call Canyon a Batty when the adoption is complete and a month later will seal him to them. The day after the adoption, Daniel leaves his apartment in Provo Utah to drive up the road and enter the MTC to go to the Fort Worth Texas mission. He will be speaking Texan and eating a lot of food while serving the Lord.

Other than that the weather is a warm 100 degrees and life has been really busy this summer - which is good. In the last 90 days, 30+ have been outside of the Wasatch front visiting friends and family. It's been good to be in Utah to be able to afford and experience the graduation, sealings, marriages, missionaries, adoptions, reunions, and vacations.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates