When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude. Gilbert K. Chesterton
So I am sure I am not the only one who will created a blog of this nature this week. But I am also not the only one who is going stuff myself with turkey, green bean casserole and pumpkin pie. I just thought I would take a moment to say what I am thankful for in my life.
In this note, I am going to elect to not include the names all of the people in my life who I am grateful for because (a) I have a big family, and (b) I have spectacular friends who know who they are. So if feel you belong in (a) or (b), then that's the shout out to you. Let the list begin:
I am grateful for 65 degree weather in November in Provo. It's so nice to not be cold.
I am grateful for majestic mountains that I can see daily.
I am grateful for the sites of the Valleys I can see from the tops of those mountains.
I am grateful for crashing waves.
I am grateful for a comfortable bed.
I am grateful for my computer.
I am grateful for modes of entertainment.
I am grateful for the beauty of the Pacific Ocean, especially at sunset.
I am grateful for a really good salad.
I am grateful for creative minds, creative collaboration, and creative product.
I am grateful for a really great musical.
I am grateful for music.
I am grateful for well written scripts that move me.
I am grateful for the foster care program.
I am grateful for adoption.
I am grateful for dancing.
I am grateful for 85 to 95 degree weather and how it feels like a nice warm blanket.
I am grateful for warm sand.
I am grateful for nice warm blankets.
I am grateful for airplanes - to travel on or to just see in the skies.
I am grateful for my car that works so great.
I am grateful for a nice comfortable pair of shoes.
I am grateful for hazelnut flavorings.
I am grateful for chocolate ice cream.
I am grateful for leaves that change color in the fall.
I am grateful for Disneyland.
I am grateful for memories.
I am grateful for people who can make me laugh.
I am grateful for the innocence of children.
I am grateful for the ability to repent and fix past mistakes.
I am grateful for those who overcome and grow from difficult situations.
I am grateful for personal revelation.
I am grateful for LDS temples.
I am grateful for diversity.
I am grateful for growing up in a small house, on a farm with a large family.
I am grateful for my ipod.
I am grateful for cameras.
I am grateful for technology.
I am grateful for smiles.
I am grateful when I don't have stomach aches.
I am grateful for a healthy body.
I am grateful for an eternal knowledge of life.
I am grateful for college football.
I am grateful for healthy competition.
I am grateful for water.
I am grateful for intelligence.
I am grateful for running water, shampoo and soap.
I am grateful for AC or heating.
I am grateful for electricity.
I am grateful for paved roads.
I am grateful for canyons.
I am grateful for good smells.
I am grateful for freshed baked bread.
I am grateful for lilacs.
I am grateful for my education.
I am grateful for my educators and advisors.
I am grateful for my leaders.
I am grateful for my parents.
I am grateful for my 3 sisters.
I am grateful for my 2 sister-in-laws.
I am grateful for my 4 brothers.
I am grateful for my brother-in-law.
I am grateful for my 3 nephews and my niece.
I am grateful for little Corrie and Scarlet.
I am grateful for my cousins, aunts, and uncles.
I am grateful for my grandparents.
I am grateful for my childhood friends.
I am grateful for my college influences and friends.
I am grateful for my friends from LA.
I am grateful for my friends in Utah.
That should be enough for today.
Kitchen
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment