Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Rest of the Story

Saturday, November 29, 2008
So it's been a long-ish month and I haven't written much. I know the blogs that are long and windy tend to be more boring so I will try to keep all the details at a minimum.

One sort of news to expand upon. The job hunt. I knew coming from San Diego that the job hunt would be hard but in the 5 weeks I have been back in LA, I have worked 2 days. I do have a gig coming up that will last for 5 days next week and hopefully a few more things will open up for December. I really need at least 12 or 15 days of work before January, which will be tough, since I plan to leave on the 19th (or there abouts). I have been applying to every job I see come up, I have signed up at AppleOne, and I have been networking like crazy. I get the same thing - very few call backs, or slow work due to the time of year. Please pray for me that something will open up. This past week I got a few great leads for a movie that will be shooting in December, a great lead for a major movie studio, a few reality shows that will be coming up in January, and a great list of production companies that have projects starting to be worked on. I faxed and mailed like crazy to get my resume out to all of them. And now I wait and do it all again tomorrow. I have been calling everyone I know or emailing them, but the responses are okay but nothing coming my way. But I am optimistic.

As for other news in my life. I moved two weekends ago in with my friend Charite. Three days after moving in, while parked in a secure parking garage my car got broken into. He broke my back window - which cost me $131 to fix. He stole my ipod shuffle (valued at $80), he stole my camera ($300 plus the $60 2gb SD card and $10 case), he stole my eye glass (a few hundred dollars), he stole my wallet (with three credit cards) and probably less then ten dollars in change. The guy ripped me off for about $800 dollars as well as stealing a sense of security. It really disturbs me that he did it and I guess it could have been worse. My video ipod was actually in my car as well inside my empty computer bag, which he didn't take. I could have really damaged my car, but did a clean break, and I am sure there are other positive things, but overall, I hated that it happened to me. The worst part was that Charite and I watched the surveillance footage. He entered our parking garage at 9:45 pm by picking a lock. He spending about 4 hours going from car to car and in fact probably trying for an hour or two trying to break into one particular SUV. But at about 1:40 am he was tired of not finding any unlocked car doors, and decided to break into my car in the very back corner of the garage. Out of all the cars he just looked at, he chose to damage mine and steal my stuff. But life goes on.

On a positive note, since I have already given you the bad and ugly. I have finally found a place to call home. I have bed to sleep in (3 weeks on a couch or air mattress - much gratitude to Alena), I have a closet to store my clothes (no more living from the suitcase), I have privacy in my room (no more shared hotel room or living room bedroom), and I have a kitchen to cook in. Nice. It's a great townhouse with two great roommates and a cat. I feel very at home here and the feeling is good in the house. I really haven't felt that except during the time that I lived with Christi or when I lived with Carmen and Wendy or in my little guest house. So it's nice to have a place to call home where the spirit resides.

That's it for tonight.

1 comments:

Sherrie Batty said...

good luck to you we will pray for you

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates